HISTORY OF APS KANDRORI
- Army School Kandrori was bifurcated from Little Angle’s School Kandrori and was inaugurated as an independent Army School on 11 April 1994 and now enjoying the status of Army Public School from the year 2010.Little Angles School Kandrori was established in the year 1985 on 22 March as aunit run school, looked after by 9 FOD with classes Nursery to class – V .
- After its inauguration as an Army School in the 1994 one class was added every year and 1st batch of class – X students appeared in All India Secondary School Examination in 1999, The school has started class XI- Science steam from academic session 2015-16.
- The school started with a strength of approximately 500 students and now it is a big family which includes 1100 plus students nearly 40 teachers and 10 Non-teaching staff.
- With the dedicated team of educators and enthusiastic learners , responsive management and cooperative parents the school is continuously growing and evading into a fine educational institute.
- The school is affiliated to the Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi and the curriculum formulated by the board is strictly followed. Extra coaching classes for academically weaker students are regularly conducted to enhance the overall academic standard of the school. The introduction of zero period has helped the students in achieving the desired academic standard and also gave them ample opportunity to hone their skills in various co-curricular activities and the school has been successful in fulfilling both the objectives.
- The aim of education is overall personality development of students. We have made co-curricular activities an integral part of the school curriculum. Various inter-house, and inter-school activities like debate, calligraphy, painting quiz, badminton, football, basketball etc are conducted throughout the year. Besides this Science, Maths ,GK, English Olympiad are conducted annually.
- The school has half Troop of NCC (JD) boys and girls with effect from 10 Oct 2007. The NCC cadets of the school have been actively involved in various activities throughout the year.
- The school is also associated with the Bharat Scouts and Guide (Punjab). Educational trips and visits are organized every year.
- The school has grown by leaps and bounds and in future continuously strive towards excellence in all fields.